Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Breakfast with my mother..

And my sister, and her twins, and my twins, and the non stop barrage of people commenting on how many kids we have.. And the echo of my mother's voice saying "They're all twins!" The last time my sister and I went to breakfast (at the same restaurant) nothing was said. I don't think anyone even noticed us. I don't know what changed this last time, maybe it was the fact that my sister's boys were out of their car seats. It must have been more obvious that there were more kids there than before.. But having my mom there to tell every person that glanced our way that my sister and I were twins, and that we each had a set of twins was a tad nerve wracking. Nothing like being shoved into the "spotlight" for lack of a better word, while trying to devour my eggs benedict and feed two toddlers at the same time. Some people just don't know what to say, after my mom's spiel, an older woman looked at me perplexed and said "So, are you two sisters?" It's just too much for some people to absorb. And of course we always run into someone we know at this restaurant, who just have to look us over for a good 30 seconds in disbelief. Yea, I know, we really are a freak show. And my poor younger son, and niece are sitting there wondering what the hell the big deal is? They're just a bunch of crying babies that have changed their lives forever. Why does anyone care??

No comments: