Friday, December 07, 2007

Christmas Lists..

My kids have written letter upon letter to Santa this year. My oldest son has them everywhere, some of them are long and lengthy, other's are just random questions, like "how are the reindeer doing?" or "are the elves working hard?". My youngest son is keeping it pretty simple, due to his inability to read or write and is just drawing pictures of what he wants. Mainly consisting of Christmas trees, snowmen and stars. Yes, this is what he wants.
Yesterday my oldest son told me that he wanted an ipod for Christmas. I told him that he could have one, if he could tell me what it was. Yea, he's not getting one.
I asked my mom the other day what she wanted for Christmas. Nothing. Of course. So, then I hypothetically asked her what she would want.. if I was to get her something, and she finally said underwear (I think we all know why she needs those) and duct tape (?) I have no idea where her need for that comes from, but it's been noted. And then last night, she called me and told me that if anyone wanted to really know what she wanted, it would be a bottle of Kahlua. I'm not sure I want to give my already depressed, out of work, on pain medication mom alcohol..but we'll see.. I got her a sweater already, maybe I'll just duct tape some undies and Kahlua to it..
Now I just have to finish up my dad (who the hell knows what he wants..) And then I might just be done.. I love Christmas..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god. I am laughing so hard I cannot breathe, let alone type. Thank you for that. Someone's family is almost as crazy as mine.

Sara

Anonymous said...

hahahaha - that just made my morning. nearly peed my pants....but at the same time, what's your mom planning? Duct tape and underwear?