Friday, December 07, 2007

More Scary Shit at Preschool..

My poor poor youngest son. He just can't seem to get a break from everything dreadful. Today at school, an Elf, Mr. Bingles came to visit. His teacher had forewarned me, and had even talked to him about it last week. However, his little 4 year old brain had totally dismissed it, until this morning, while in the middle of my shower, he asks me if anyone is coming to his school today. I thought for sure he was testing me (yes, he's made me as paranoid as him) So I said, "yea, remember the Elf, Mr. Bingles?" And that was the end of my hot shower, my morning calm (yea, like there's ever any of that) And basically my patience.

He pretty much cried until I promised to get him a Happy Meal for dinner tonight. Then the rest of the morning was just a barrage of questions about what Mr. Bingles was going to look like, whether or not he had pointy ears, was he just in a costume, and so on and so on..

So, I get him to school, and he gets out of the car, and the teacher kind of gives me a look, like she knew exactly what was on his mind, and that was that. I leave, and for 3 hours, no one is asking me questions over and over, and the babies could care less about what the rest of their day would be like.

I went back to pick him up. I watched him from my car, and he looked really happy. He did look however, to be wearing someone else's clothes.. Hmmm... His teacher brought him over to the car, with a plastic bag in her hand. She's said he did great, he really enjoyed Mr. Bingles, and he even enjoyed the story that Mr. Bingles read. Then she says, as she's handing me the bag, "I think he might have been a little nervous.. he had an accident." Oh. I had no idea what kind of accident she was referring to (#1, or 2) so as we're driving home, I asked him about it. He said it was only pee, and he just forgot that he needed to go.. I don't know what to think sometimes.. about this little boy who so frequently tries my patience, and drives me insane. I would have thought that something like that, peeing in front of his peers, would send him over the edge. But apparently, it was no big deal, yea, he just forgot that he needed to pee. Good lord. At least he didn't lose his shit with Mr. Bingles, and perhaps we're one step closer to getting him over all that terrorizes him.. perhaps.

No comments: