Monday, April 21, 2008

Earth Day...

It came a day early for my youngest son. His school met at a local park today to clean it up a bit, plant some flowers, play some kickball and take a hike.
I enjoyed it all very much, talked with some of the mom's I know, and then almost died trying to push my girls in their double stroller up the "hill". It's not so much a hill, as it is a small mountain.. well, no, I guess it's not a mountain at all, but this "hill" kicked my ass! I would have had no problem at all if I wasn't pushing 40+ pounds of babies, and their stroller, along with all of our shit. It was exhausting. There was a mom walking with me though, that helped me out and pulled it from the front at some steep parts. We made it up a slope, everyone stopped in this clearing.. I sat down, grabbed some water, and then they started hiking again? ugh.. "We're not there yet?" I am so out of shape! There was a grandfather there, a really nice guy, who actually offered to push the girls up for me, but I claimed it was good for me, to get some exercise. I didn't want some poor older guy doing my grunt work. Honestly, I probably should have stayed at the bottom of the hill with the pregnant lady, and the woman with the other set of twins.. But if I had done that, my son never would have gone with out me. And once we were there, we had fun.
I have an idea that I'm going to be feeling this "fun" in the morning..

1 comment:

Heidi said...

walking up hills either with the baby in a bjorn or backpack or pushing her in the stroller really helped me start to get back in shape. plus, i usually had the dog with me too. now we have a wagon, but she doesn't want to stay in it, so it's challenging in a different way. ha!