Friday, April 18, 2008

Good Neighbors..

The two neighborhood girls came over to play with my boys today. One we know very well, she's a regular at the house. The other one, not so well. We did go to high school with her dad, and he had the nickname "meanboy". So you can imagine.. I was upstairs this afternoon getting ready for work, when I hear her rhyming my youngest son's name with some not so nice words. A second later, I can hear my son crying, and heavy footsteps headed my way.
I asked her to stop calling him names, and then to please go outside because they were using my stairway as a tar mack.. I was just waiting for one of them to fall and start bleeding.. so please, take it outside.
A while later, the boys come in and ask if they can go on the neighbors trampoline, to which my husband and I answer in unison, NO! Those things are death made out of rubber, and no thank you, we don't have the co pay for the ER this week!
Moments later, my youngest son comes back inside and tells me that the unkind neighbor girl is being mean again, and calling him names, but he can't remember what. This is when we decide it's time for dinner, and to say goodbye.
My husband told me later, that when the neighbor child we "sort of" like saw the other one coming, she told the boys "you better run.. fast!"

No comments: