Sunday, April 06, 2008

Weekend wrap-up..

Sundays are usually a bit depressing to me.. for some reason I still get that "going back to school on Monday" feeling, even though I haven't been to school in almost 2 decades.. still, I'm not a big fan.
Yesterday we brought the kids to my brother in laws for a birthday party. The kids had a great time, my husband was ready to go when he got there.. he's sick, and the poor baby (and I mean that in every literal and sarcastic way possible) just should have stayed home. I offered him that before we left, but for some reason he wanted to make us all miserable, and not let us forget for one minute that he was sick! So, there!
Today I took the girls for pictures. And not just random 20 month old pictures, but TWIN pictures. Meaning, I was in it, my sister, and her boys. Sounds like the perfect photo op right?? yea, except that the shitty photographer at Sears, was all like "OK, now, I want you to intertwine your arms, and spread your legs.." Um, are we taking a family photo or are you trying to get some pictures for the Internet?? After a flat refusal on the intertwining of our arms, and sucking it in as best we could, we got some ok pictures.
Then I ventured on up to Maine to visit a friend that I hadn't seen in a while. I had called her spur of the moment on the way to our "photo shoot" and asked her if she was free. She was, so I told her that I'd call on my way up. You can imagine my surprise when I get there, see her car in the driveway, find all the doors locked, and no one answering the door or the phone. I don't know what happened. I called her husband at work who said she was probably napping.. but I should go to the neighbors and get the key. Yea, right. All this with two toddlers who are pissed as it is because I've woken them up to stand on some ladies porch banging on her door. She called me a couple of hours later, but I'm too pissed to talk to her right now. Her and I have a bit of a history.. she's been a shitty friend, and I keep expecting her not to be. It's sort of both our faults!
So, that wraps up our weekend.. I'm already looking forward to next weekend..hopefully my husband will be cured of his cold.. and start doing some shit around here.. ugh..

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

I'm about to get all "mom" on Sears and call and complain and cancel the order, (though I won't because it would be way too mom) but I'm pissed that she sucked and we didn't get very good pictures or poses- I would have liked a pose of us (not spread eagle) holding our own kids... whatever..