Thursday, April 03, 2008

Shoo Shoo Blues..and other news...

My girls have been wearing baby moccasins since they could walk. They're called shoo shoo's or robeez.. They're great, and they love them dearly.

The only problem is that they will not wear regular shoes. I can't put on a pair of boots, or sneakers or cute little dressy shoes. They freak out, screaming and crying.. it's such fun! I haven't been too concerned because we haven't spent too much time outside in the past 5 months due to the horrible New England winter we've been having.

However, it was nice out today. Nice enough to put on a sweatshirt, and head outside. I let the girls wear their shoo shoo's because of course I have no choice. The minute I put them down, and they feel the earth under their feet, there's more freaking out. I swear, I don't know what scaredy cat gene my kids inherited, or from who, but wtf? They refused to walk on the dead grass. They refused to move anywhere, instead they just stood there and screamed. God help me.

Our venture outside lasted 20 seconds.. They ended up playing on the deck instead, they were more familiar with how that felt under their feet.

In other news.. I have a meeting at the school tomorrow to update my youngest son's IEP. I got a copy of the draft today, and he's made great strides since last fall. I gotta say, I'm so proud of him. He works so hard at his speech and he's so proud of the accomplishments he makes. One of the babies has mastered saying her older brothers name, but not the youngest of the boys, which has slightly broken his heart. I tried explaining to him how hard it is for her to say the "L" in his name, and he totally understood that. Such a smartie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they inherited it from their dad! It couldn't be you...that's for sure.
Miss S loves the shpes you gave hr by the way = they are a bit too big, but she loves to carry them around and play with them. We'll come over soon and show your girls how "shoes are done!"