Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Tooth that Won't Fall Out..

Last night we convinced my oldest son to let us try and pull out a tooth. This tooth has been hanging on for dear life for months. Seriously, the other tooth has grown in behind it, much like the last tooth he lost. It's now perpendicular to the new one, and it was just time.
My husband was the "puller" and I was the videographer. He wrapped the dental floss around it, and right after my son said he had butterflies in his belly, he yanked, hard. Unfortunately, that tooth decided that it wasn't going anywhere, and in a split second we knew we had jumped the gun. It was the look of horror on my husband's face that I knew it had gone sour. Instead of pulling out the tooth, he had lodged the dental floss in his gums. So after the bleeding subsided, and I got the poor boy to calm down, I was able to untie it from his tooth, and remove it from the gum. It was gross, and painful for the little guy. His motivation for allowing us to do that was so that he could get the money from the tooth fairy, add it to his chore money and get a webkin tomorrow. I told him that I would front him the money from the tooth fairy, and he could pay me back. I also told him that after that fiasco, I bet the tooth fairy would kick in a little extra, maybe for some pokemon cards.. Oh, and the video, that I would have posted, was momentarily deleted by my daughter who got hold of the camera while I was trying to dislodge the dental floss. Nice. It was a great night!

1 comment:

Ballard Greener said...

Front him the money? What are you drug dealers or loan sharks? Your lucky he doesn't file suit.