Thursday, June 08, 2006

Here are a few things your obsterician would not want you doing during pregnancy:

-smoking
-drinking
-heavy lifting
-running down a school bus that has driven right by your house with your child on it.

That was what I did yesterday (the running down the bus part). Every Wednesday for the past 2 months, my son has had a full day of school, which means he comes home on a different bus. And every Wednesday, he's been dropped off with no incident. Well, yesterday, as the rain relentlessly came down, I stood on my porch waiting for the school bus. I could see it come, and then I saw it go. I could see my son standing up by his seat, looking very puzzled as to why they just drove by his house.. I panicked, and started running across my yard to the next stop, about 200 feet. I didn't think about what I was doing, I was just bound and detemined to get my son off the bus, before he freaked out about that and refused to get on it anymore. Luckily, the bus driver realized what she had done, and turned it around and brought my son back. He was unscathed (surprisingly) and I was just a soaking mess, completely out of breath. My son thought he was in trouble and that she was bringing him back to the principle.
Anyway, my husband thought I should have never run, being prego and all.. but I didn't even think about that.. adrenaline took over, and somehow got my fat ass across my yard pretty quickly, all things considered.. It all worked out just fine.. I think the girls may have liked the little jaunt across the yard!!

1 comment:

McPolack said...

Maybe you are inspiring those girlies to become marathon runners! You never know.

I like the pink, BTW.