Monday, June 12, 2006

What a sweet boy!

Last night my husband and I went to dinner where my nephew works, at Bonta in Hampton. I haven't been there in almost 4 years, it's a rather expensive place, and the last time I was there, I wasn't crazy about the food. But last night, yumm! It was delicious! And the best part was that it was on my nephew.. He had a gift certificate at our table when we got there for a hundred bucks! It was a combo Mother's Day gift and bday gift for my husband. Very sweet!
I've never seen him in this work environment before, and I really wasn't sure what to expect. He did an amazing job! He waited on us, and I was very impressed by his knowledge of the menu, his professionalism, and his attentiveness to us. It's safe to say that I've had plenty of experience dining out, and he ranked right up there with the best of them. I was so proud, and so touched that he was thoughtful enough to think of me at Mother's Day (I know this is a little late for Mother's day, but we had to reschedule the dinner more than once for different reasons).
It's been a while since I felt so proud of him.. and it feels really good! What a sweet, sweet boy!!

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

That was a nice post about the grown up nephew. You're a sweet girl for seeing the good in him!