Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Things that go pee in the night..

I would kill at this point for just one night of uninterrupted sleep. I know my days are numbered before the babies get here, so I just long for a good solid 8 hours without my bladder or my children waking me up.
Last night was no different than any other night this past month. My oldest son arriving at our door. Apparently he decided to try a different strategy, as crawling around to my side of the bed failed him the night before. So, he just stood there, in the doorway, saying something. By the time my husband and I woke up and figured out what he was saying, it was too late. He had to go to the bathroom, REALLY bad. I don't know why he didn't just stop there on the way to our bedroom, as it is right on the way.. but of course he was scared to go in alone. We leave the light on just in case he needs to use it.. an apparent waste of electricity.
My husband got up and brought him the 3 steps to the bathroom, of course to discover he had already peed. Apparently right in our doorway. Poor kid. I do feel for him, I know it has to be such a terrible feeling to be so afraid of so much. I don't know how to cure him of this, and make him feel safe. The hardest part is trying not to lose my shit at 2 am when he's crying in his bed because he doesn't like the sound the rain makes, or because the furby on his shelf is looking at him. I'm constantly trying to make him think happy thoughts, but as he tells me, it's just too hard for him to get those bad thoughts out of his head.
The morning always brings a wonderfully happy kid who seems to have no cares in the world. It's only when the night sets in that his little brain starts thinking about all the scary, terrible things in the world. Like rain, and trees.. I'm sure he's going to grow out of this.. I just wish it was soon.. My patience is running low...

No comments: