Friday, June 23, 2006

When it feels like the real thing...

I spent Wednesday night in the hospital, on an i.v. getting shots of terbutatline, a drug intended to help stop contractions (among other things). I got a taste of what labor with these girls could be like. It wasn't like anything I went through with the boys.. It was actually quite painful, and damn scary. I know I've been doing a lot of complaining about wanting this pregnancy over with, but after going through what I did, I definitely do not want it this early. I'm almost 32 weeks, and they would most likely be fine, but it's a scary risk to take.
Anyway, I spent the night there, getting woken up every 2 seconds by the roughest nurse I've ever met.. She was ok in times when I needed her to be, but when she got so frustrated that the babies wouldn't stay still for her monitor and she jokingly called them brats.. well, lets just say that I wanted the hell out of there! Luckily the other nurses made up for her seemingly lacking bed side manner.
I met with an ob today, the one who had been treating me Wednesday night, and she took me off the temporary bed rest I had been put on. I haven't had a contraction since I got home, and the shots of terbutaline are available in pill form, and I have to take them for at least a week. They suck. They make my heart race, and give me a slight case of the shakes.. But I'm not complaining.. I don't think I'm going to complain ever again!!!
Well, I'm off to lay down again, that seems to be the only thing I can do that doesn't make me feel like I might get sick. ugh.. was that a complaint?? sorry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! You poor thing...If I were you I would complain allllllll day long! You deserve to!

McPolack said...

I agree with the two folks above me. Go right ahead and complain. Glad to hear you are OK.

Ezili said...

I'm glad everyone is okay...sorry you had to go through all that. You can complain as much as you want--you're doing double duty this time around, poor baby.

christhadasister said...

It's hardly a complaint when you mention that you're uncomfortable because you've got 30 inches of living things moving around inside you!