Monday, June 05, 2006

Going to Ikea on a Rainy Day...

I wouldn't recommend it! The family and I went down on Saturday to purchase new bunks for the boys. It was a total nightmare! Unlike the first time I went down, the place was a mad house. Having my husband there with me and my children didn't allow me to browse like I normally would have. We were there for one thing, and one thing only. That still took 2 hours to accomplish with all the other shoppers in our way.. People were walking against the arrows, bumping into my kids, and my belly.. it was crazy.
My husband will never go back- which is fine with me. I can get a lot more shopping done without him. We did however get the bunkbed we wanted, which we unfortunately had to remove from it's packaging before we could fit it into the loser cruiser. It drove home propped above our kids heads.. nothing like creating your own death trap. But we did manage to make it home with enough of the day left for my husband to set them up, and get the boys into them at a reasonable hour. Of course it ended up being a long night, with everyone a tad freaked out by the new situation.. We're trying to get the babies room in order.. I could have them any day you know!! But I doubt it.. Yesterday we went looking for paint for the girls room. I don't know why my husband cares what color it is, but he does. I want a nice subtle light purple, very light. He wants a nice cream color.. We might as well paint it white! Couldn't I have the last say in something??? Why does he care??

No comments: