Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My birthday was 2 days ago. When I got into my car tonight to go to work, I found a birthday card from my husband on my front seat.. He had wished me a happy birthday (on my actual birthday), taken me out to dinner, and told me that he had forgotten my card at his school. That was fine, he's not much into cards, or sentiment.. or anything like that. But I did have to chuckle when I opened the card tonight, and saw the same old card he's gotten me at least two other times. Poor dum dum, can't remember what card he's already gotten me. I called him from the car, and thanked him for the card, and told him that I liked it even better this year!
If he hadn't personalized it with his own message to me, I probably would have cried.. but he did write that every year I get more beautiful.. awh.. that's the absolute perfect thing to tell a pregnant woman who feels like her abdomen and ass are about to explode! Even if he gets me the same card year after year, at least he's saving himself by saying something sweet!

1 comment:

McPolack said...

Happy Birthday! And if it makes you feel any better, my parents will celebrate their 36th anniversary this month, despite the fact that one year for Valentine's Day my father gave my mother an ironing board.