Monday, January 15, 2007

Dumped.

My nephew got dumped today by his girlfriend of 41/2 months. I totally feel for the kid, this was his first girlfriend, and he really was into her. What makes matters worse, is that she left him for her ex boyfriend.. someone that my nephew had met not too long ago, and who had promised my nephew that he was over her..yada yada (I have no idea how that subject came up..) but she had been with him for 3 years, and from what my nephew tells me, he treated her pretty shitty.. A week ago the ex took a bottle of sleeping pills, I guess because he missed her so bad. Nice. I really liked this girl too, and my nephew seemed really happy with her. Right now he's pissed, and I think he's afraid to be sad because with him, the sadness will be overwhelming. All he wants to do is beat the shit out of the ex.. a natural male reaction I guess, hopefully he'll rise above that though, and learn something in the process.. like that love can suck, and hurt more than anything. And that girls are going to come and go, but that it's not the end of the world.. even though it feels like it right now..
I haven't told my boys yet, it's not like someone died..but they really liked her and had been promised a trip to Chuck E. Cheese's when she came back from her winter break. That only means that I'm now going to have to take them to that dreadful, money absorbing germ filled establishment.. great. And one last thing, that I couldn't help but think of.. how am I going to ask for the rent money?? Like he's not feeling low enough.. I guess I'll just give it some time, and check back in on that subject in a week or two.. teen love sucks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh no...that means he will never brush his teeth or shower again....poor guy. I feel for him though.