Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My daughter had her ultrasound yesterday.. to follow up on her hydronephrosis.. She did really well, she laughed and smiled at the technician the whole time. It was pretty funny, and pretty out of character for her, but I was thrilled not to have to hold her down! Anyway, the results were great, the swelling in her left kidney has gone from severe to mild, and she doesn't need to be seen for another 6 months. Yea!
My oldest son follows up with his allergist tomorrow, an appointment my husband was going to take him to, but now he can't. That only means that me, my other son, and the twins are going to have to pick him up at school, haul ass over to Portsmouth, and try to listen to the doctor while taking care of my 4 kids at the same time. Not to mention all the times we'll be getting in and out of the car.. definitely the hardest part of any trip.
I got a letter today from the school informing me of an IEP meeting to assess my younger son's speech articulation issues. That's next week, and my husband and I are invited to attend. I went to one last year for my other son. It's a packed room let me tell you. But I don't want to miss a bunch of people sitting around talking about my son..
Oh, and lets not forget the youngest of all, my other twin.. The one who lets me go about my business, and will sit patiently in her exersaucer so that I can grab some laundry, or a snack for her brother.. the calm, seemingly independent of the duo.. Poor little thing, got stepped on this afternoon by her big brother (the younger of the boys..) He was being his very busy self and forgot where she was, and just stepped down on her. He thought he had stepped on her head, but it was only her leg. He kept saying sorry, and crying on and on. She was fine, and only cried for a second. I think he thought she was going to be mad at him. After I told him that she didn't know who had done it, he seemed a bit more relieved.
Never a dull moment..

1 comment:

Ezili said...

I'm so glad the ultrasound showed good things!