Friday, January 26, 2007

Sick Babies..Tax Returns.. and The Only Person I Know Who Has No Teeth

I spent my day today trying to function on 2 hours of sleep last night. It was not easy.. One of the twins is sick.. and spent all night crying, except for the few 20 minute intervals of sleep she did on my chest.. I brought her to the doctors today convinced that she had an ear infection.. which she didn't. But she did have some fluid in the ear she pulled on all night.. but no infection. My hope tonight is that I get so drunk, that I don't even hear her cry. Oh I'm so kidding.. but at this point I'm thinking that might be the only way I ever get any sleep. My husband didn't sleep great either, as he was in charge of the other baby, who much like her sister (and brothers for that matter) prefer me. I never thought being someones favorite person would require so much friggin work!
In other news.. I started to prepare our taxes for this past year.. If anyone out there wants a hefty refund, here's the key: Have a ton of kids, and marry a school teacher! Living at the poverty level ain't so bad!
Ahhh.. what else.. what else.. oh, my brother called me last night.. I just love talking it up with him. I can always assume that whatever he's telling me is a complete and total lie.. but it's always amusing to hear what he has to say.. He was looking for my mother's phone number, something he does on a regular basis. I asked him why he always has my number, but never hers.. Well duh, mine is in the phonebook, and her cell phone is not. I guess I never realized that he knew my married name, this guy does not retain much. He only talked to me for a couple of minutes, asked me how my kids were, of course he never asks how his own kids are, or how's the one that my husband and I raised since he was 12.. Why would he do that? Loser. At least he's looking the part of the white trash that he is without his teeth.. I guess he's telling people he was in a boating accident.. um, ok. He's also claiming to be interviewing for a job as department head at a Home Depot where he lives. I'm guessing that boating accident or not, they might want their department heads to have some teeth, at least the front ones... maybe??

No comments: