Tuesday, January 09, 2007

It's the thought that counts..

Last night was a rough night with the girls, for me anyway. When my husband got up, I could see his sympathetic eyes, and had to milk it a bit.. I said I could really use some coffee.. he's not a coffee drinker, but offered to make me some. The one and only other time he did this for me, he did it almost perfect.. except that when he filled up the carafe, he just set it on the burner, and didn't pour it into the machine (duh) But again, it's the thought that counts.
So, this morning, as I'm sitting on the couch with the girls, walking him through the complicated steps of making coffee, I think he's definitely going to get it right this time. He asked how much water, I told him, and he says "I don't know if this is all going to fit in here" Sure it will, it's not even full. I had told him where to pour the water, right in the top.. not that difficult huh? Oh but my poor handy man, he can make a kitchen table, and lay a floor like a pro.. but coffee making is not his calling.. He poured the water right into the filter part of the coffee maker, all over the coffee.. And, no, there wasn't enough room for all that water.. and yes, it poured all over the burner and the counter.. Poor dum dum... but I love him for trying, and in fact after he cleaned up that mess, he tried again and got it right.. I must say, it's the best cup of coffee I've had in a long while..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahaha! I can just picture it...