Tuesday, January 02, 2007

My husband is installing our new wood floor this weekend! I can't wait! The planks (which are fake laminate wood- but I totally don't care!) Are sitting in my house, acclimating, and expanding.. just waiting to get under my feet!!
We spent Saturday hunting down the ones we want.. and ending up going with some we found at Home Depot. The part that really drew us in was a 20% off coupon my mother had, and an extra 10% for opening a credit card.. cha-ching.. we really saved a butt load!
Anyway, our New Years wasn't what I thought it was going to be. We were supposed to go to a house party that my husbands band was playing at, but that got cancelled. We had a babysitter, and couldn't turn down a night out.. We ended up going to Portsmouth, with the rest of the state, had dinner at KNR's (formerly 43 degrees north) with two other couples, and then a party down the street. It was fun.. nice to get out! And of course New Years day was a long day- especially when my husband was gone for most of it at band practice.. but now everyone is back at school, and we're getting back to life as usual.. My nephew is moved in, but has been at his girlfriends house in Vermont the past week, I think he's coming home tomorrow.. then we'll be back to normal.. ok, gotta go and get some work done!

No comments: