Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I'm taking my youngest son to the school tomorrow for his official, and in depth speech evaluation. Depending on what they say, he might get into the preschool there. That is my hope. His speech seems to have gone from bad to worse over the past few months, and it's becoming extremely frustrating for everyone, especially him. I spend most of my days with him, trying to figure out what he's just said, and man, does that piss him off. He totally knows when I don't understand him, there's no faking it.. he's a smart little man!
I think preschool would be great for him too, he needs some social activity.. it's getting kind of boring for him with me and the girls at home. Doing things that we used to do, like the library, playgrounds or just visiting with friends, has become impossible for me right now. I wish I could afford a private preschool, but with only one full time income and 4 kids.. that's just not possible either.. Anyway, here's to hoping that they'll give him the help he needs.. without me having to throw a fit and insist they do something! cha, like I'd ever do that.. I'm such a wimp...

1 comment:

kelly said...

HEY...just reading through blogs on parenting and came across yours. Since you have a couple boys I thought I'd suggest a good book called Preparing Him for the Other Woman by Sheri Rose Shepherd. Great advice for trying to raise respectful, and respectable boys in this crazy world. Good luck to you!