Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My husband and I drove to Manchester this morning to Dartmouth Medical Center for our daughter with hydronephrosis. We had been going to Childrens Hosptial in Boston, but our insurance didn't cover all of it, and the drive to Manchester is so much easier, and closer. Anyway, the doctor was nice enough, he showed us the ultrasound she had at Childrens, and explained it in gripping detail.. Then said, "Ok, we'll see you in a month or so for her ultrasound" He apparently wasn't aware that she was already due for an ultrasound, and that is in fact why we were there.. They couldn't squeeze her in either, not until later this afternoon, and we couldn't wait around for it. So, we're going back next week, and when I say "we" I mean me because my husband can't (or won't) get another day off of school. He actually felt guilty taking the time off.. he's really got a great work ethic, but come on, it's one day, and it's for your daughter!
Anyway, we went to the mall in Manchester because my husband didn't want to go right home. We walked around, got accosted by all sorts of people with good intentions, so that they could get a better look at the twins.. I swear, it's like people have never seen twins before! We live in an age where twins are not that big of a deal.. they're everywhere!
We got home to my mother who was watching my younger son. She found out today that she has to have surgery on her hand, the one she broke last week. Turns out that the spot where she broke it, basically severed the pinky finger from the rest of her hand. They're going to put a pin in it, and then remove it in 30 days. Bummer..
My son did something today that I think he did once before when he was under 2. He actually stuck his hand in his diaper, right into the shit he had just taken. I don't know what possessed him to do this, and my mom said he just came over to her with it all over his hands. I was being told this as we had walked through the door, and he's bent over touching the babies faces! My mom reassured me that he had washed his hands.. but yuck! Later, he came over to talk to me, and I'm thinking he must have pooped again because that's all I can smell. He vehemently denies this, and then I realize that the smell is coming from his head.. So, he must have stuck his little paws inside his diaper, and run his fingers through his hair. Good lord.. he'll get a good soaking tonight.. My husband thought it was pretty funny, and at dinner tonight he told my son that he likes what he's done with his hair.."are you washing it with something new?" Then I asked him if he was using a leave in dung conditioner?? It went over his head of course, but he was laughing along with the rest of us..
That pretty much wraps up my day.. I was so happy driving to work tonight.. ahhh.. there is nothing like getting out of my house some days.. If only for a little while..

1 comment:

McPolack said...

Your husband is pretty g-d funny. That conditioner comment and the ridiculous picture of him gave me a much-needed giggle. Thanks!