Thursday, January 18, 2007

Desperate..

In an attempt to try to get some sleep, my husband and I have decided to let the girls cry it out. Last night was the first night, and 1/2 hour later, they were snoozing away. They were such good sleepers about a month ago, and it seems like all of a sudden we have found ourselves in this terrible pattern of constant waking, and constant nursing. It wouldn't be so bad if it were just one baby, but with twins this sleep pattern gets exhausting.
It didn't stop with just one bout of crying last night. A few different times they woke up and cried.. it was excruciating to hear them and not do anything about it. I did go in a few times and just rub their back so that they would know I was there, and I think it was at 3 that my husband told me to get the one that was crying. So, we basically broke down and gave in. It's hard not to when all you want is sleep.
We'll try again tonight, and hopefully have more luck, and be more consistent. I put them down for their nap this morning, and they only cried for about 5 minutes. Maybe we're on our way to something good.. we'll see!!

No comments: