Monday, January 29, 2007

Gender Confusion..

"Is that a man, mommy? Mommy? Is that a man? Is it mommy, is it a man?"

This is what my youngest was saying as he's running up behind me at Sears while this rather effeminate man was helping us find something. I could have died. Of course my son is extremely persistent, and wasn't letting this go unanswered, I was just kind of shooing him away as I followed the guy, telling him to shush. Luckily my husband who was walking behind me pushing the girls stroller, managed to get him to shut up by suggesting a game of "quiet" with his brother.
It's funny how most days I can't understand half of what comes out of his mouth, and then there are days when he is so crystal clear, it's scary!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when my sister was little she ran around the store yelling "Mommy look at the midget" pointing to the little person in the store. I remember frantically looking around for a bird...cause I thought midget was a bird - like pigeon. my poor mother!