Friday, January 12, 2007


My youngest son had his speech eval this week. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be, it was a re-screening to see if he's made progress since September. They're going to get in touch with me and follow up with another assessment, but the speech therapist who was doing the test thought he would definitely qualify for additional therapy. Now I have to wait. He loved being at the school, and looking through all the cupboards of toys. They have a great program there for kids with special needs. I mentioned to him about going back sometime without me, and he pretty much freaked out. I think he'll adjust ok eventually if he has to go, but he's definitely got some issues with leaving his mother.. what will I do without him at the house asking me every 30 seconds who my favorite character is in Dora the Explorer.. I'll cope..

1 comment:

speechmom said...

Hi, I am a speech pathologist and a mom (speechmom.blogspot.com). Many parents avoid getting the help they need. You did the right thing. Do you feel comfortable with the therapist who did his evaluation? Do you agree with his/her findings? At first you might be lonely without him . But, maybe you can start watching "big people" shows??? Good luck with your son.