Monday, September 19, 2005

Blow..

I can barely recognize my son's voice these days. He's got some serious snot up his nose, and he refuses to blow it. This is my oldest son.. yes, my youngest has no problem blowing his nose, in fact today in the car he decided just to blow it.. as I'm driving, with nothing to catch whatever may come on out. He just blew. Of course this was upsetting to him, considering he then had boogers all over his face, and all I had was a wet wipe.
My oldest son on the other hand, has a meltdown if we even mention blowing his nose. It's like he's suffered some sort of trauma, and can't even think about it. It's ridiculous. Sometimes during his outbursts, his nose just runs, and the problem is pretty much solved. The last time we made him blow his nose, we had to bribe him with a toy. Of course, the next time we told him to blow it, he asked us what we were getting him. Hah! right!
So, I can't think of any way to get him to just do it. I mean, it's just blowing his nose! I try to be sympathetic to all of his neurotic tendencies.. the fear of bugs, animals, and anything else that may drive him over the edge.. But this one, I just don't get..

1 comment:

Ezili said...

We managed to get R to blow his nose more willingly when he realized by NOT blowing he could end up with another sinus infection and have to take those nasty antibiotic pills for 10 days. Now he figures blowing his nose is the lesser of two evils...at least MOST of the time.