Friday, September 23, 2005

Last night was Open House for the parents at my sons school. I'm happy to report that his teacher, although still wearing a dress that was far too tight, and heels that were far too high, she at least wasn't wearing a mini skirt.
It was informative, yet boring at the same time. His teacher seems very nice, and I loved her philosophy on teaching, which is to make it as fun as possible for the kids, and kind of trick them into learning.. by making it fun.
The kids had each done a self portrait and hung it on the wall. It was the parents job to try and guess which one belonged to our child. I guessed correctly the first time (what a good mom!! haha) My husband picked out the worst drawing (the one that was drawn in one color and looked like a pig) and thought that belonged to us. He left open house feeling (again) that we'd failed as parents. I wish he could see that just because the kid can't draw a perfect circle, or write his name as well as some of the other kids, doesn't mean he's going to be behind. We have a meeting in November to go over how he's adjusting to life at school. That's going to be where he shines.. I hope that'll give my husband some faith that our son is not behind, and that he's right where he should be!

1 comment:

Ezili said...

A fun HO, that's what all the boys want!

And you ARE a good mom, an excellent mom. Hubby will learn not to be so critical eventually...were his parents critical of him?