Monday, September 19, 2005

This weekend my family and I were at the grocery store, when we ran into a co-worker of my husbands.. This cute little blonde thing, whose face became redder and redder during our first conversation.. hmm.. So, later in the store, I can see my husband over by the frozen foods, grinning.. I swear, he's got a bit of a crush on this woman. She's a first grade teacher, and she's 21. Now, anyone that knows my husband knows that he would never cheat, for the simple fact that no one is going to try to crack that shell. And I just think he's got too much character (I know, setting myself up for a devastating surprise.. right?? NO!!) Anyway, I do completely trust him, but I'm not stupid enough to think that he's not going to look at other women and think "hmm..she's a cutie" So, whatever. I'm not worried. I was however, annoyed because from that point on, he was kissing my ass.. which he never does. But he suggested having a barbecue, maybe getting a movie.. all these things that I like to do, and he never does. So, I'm thinking, he's feeling guilty for something.. but not for anything more than just fantasies.. (He'd soooo kill me for writing this! Good thing he refuses to read my blog!) I think what really ticked me off, is that he was so obvious, but wouldn't fess to anything.. I'm not an idiot, and I've known him for 14 years.. I can tell when his brain has moved south.. below his belt!
The funny thing (funny to me anyway) is that over the weekend, we went to see his parents, and they told him that he should shave his goatee.. I love his goatee, and he said he did too. Well, this morning, he came downstairs, and it was no more! He had this fresh clean face, that looked so different to me.. you know? When you've been looking at facial hair, then it's gone. Their face looks so different. My first thought, was he did it because I said I liked it, and his parents didn't.. They won. Then I thought, fine, go to school, and show that 21 year old that you have a big nose and no lips!! Hah!

2 comments:

christhadasister said...

You're too funny!!! And you're right- no one's going to take the time to crack that nut!

Ezili said...

I read an article that affirms the idea that men are dogs. And you know my theory, sweetie, they all share one brain and some days it's just not their turn to have the brain. I think that's why they think with that other head so often. BUT, the article did state that while most men "think" about cheating, most of them never get past the "fantasy stage." Your husband couldn't possibly cheat on the beautiful domestic goddess that you are!! Does he know about your EH boyfriend who lusts after you??