Thursday, September 08, 2005

I was at the mall the other day (yuck) and I entered to win a Lexus.. why not?? My nephew that was with me encouraged me to do so, otherwise I wouldn't have.. I never win anything.
Last night, I got a phone call.. from the marketing people who do the drawing. Apparently my ticket was drawn, in the preliminary drawing. How exciting.. whatever. So, the guy is "verifying" my information-name address etc. Then he comes to our income, and rants off a bunch of different brackets and asks which one we fall into. So I tell him. He says "Are you sure?" Yup.. Not thinking anything of it. I then ask him how many preliminary tickets are drawn to go onto the "big drawing" and he goes on to tell me that I don't qualify because I'm too low on the income bracket. What?? I guess we don't make enough to qualify for a free car! How f'd up is that??

2 comments:

christhadasister said...

They don't want you to go all Oprah on them when it comes time to pay the taxes on a $40,000 car...

Brian said...

Those things are just a scam anyway... usually to collect your demographic information and get you to give your consent to be called during dinner.